fBlog is a free software (GPL) for Unix / Linux. It is a generator of HTML pages for websites with static pages or read-only blogs. User interface is either the traditional command-line or a new type of menu at console. Customization is simple : no templates, CSS only! It do not depend of any external library and the database is internal (flat files). The pages produced have to be uploaded in the proper directory for static pages of a Web server. Alternatively, you can use fBlog as a writing pad on your own computer (you just need a browser). It is a compiled software from Fortran-2008 language.
- Built-in client for console (line mode oriented);
- Built-in client for terminal (command line);
- HTML5 (no external template - Users can't modify HTML code produced);
- CSS3 (cascading style sheets are customisable by users);
- Generate HTML for any left-to-right and right-to-left langage (UTF-8);
- Self installable software (do no need 'autotools');
- Static linked binary executable (no external library);
- Should run on any Posix OS (tested only on Linux x86-32 and x86-64);
- Compile with the well known "GCC - gfortran" free compiler;
- Very fast generation of HTML pages - Featured for a large amount of entries;
- Support an illimited numbers of static pages linked (or not) at the menu bar;
- Can be used as a minimalist website with only one blog entry (index page) and several static pages or links (like this site!);
- Optimised for text-based web browsers.